You are here
Entrepreneurial Support Services
The Ann Arbor SPARK Entrepreneurial Team offers select business acceleration services that drive the development of innovative technology start-ups by shortening the time required to attract capital, customers and other resources.
Submit Your Business Idea Here.
What we look for in entrepreneurs we support:
- Traction – Within 1 year, the company reasonably expects to have sales revenue, raise outside equity and/or have partnered with a larger company
- Coachability – The entrepreneurs accept and incorporate feedbackTeam – At least 2 co-founders or people strongly committed
- Milestones – The company has targeted milestones that SPARK can reasonably help them achieve
- Skin in the game – The entrepreneurs are personally financially invested in the start-up
- High potential – The business could reasonably grow to $10 million in revenue within 5 years
- Stage – Past idea phase, within 1 year of commercialization, with a clear market opportunity, business model and early prototype or MVP
- Industry – Technology-driven company, especially with defensible intellectual property
- Early Stage – Less than $1 million outside investment, and less than $1 million in 12-month trailing revenue
- Located in or around Ann Arbor – Company is registered with the State of Michigan, and at least half of employees physically work in the Ann Arbor region
- Follow-Up – Company is required to report quarterly during a funding engagement, and annually afterwards for 5 years
- Other Criteria – Depend on requirements of the particular program