Agile/Scrum 2-Day Training
You are here
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 9:00am to Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 5:00pm
Ann Arbor Events
301 E. Liberty, 7th FloorAnn Arbor, MI 48104
$650.00 (per person) / $585.00 (Group discount for every 5 tickets)
Companies are increasingly adopting Agile practices to compete in todays fast paced and ever-changing world.
Where are you on your Agile Journey?
This inclusive 2-day training will provide you with a fundamental understanding of Agile concepts and practices enabling direct workplace application, a shared team understanding and practice of Agile, as well as aiding in the preparation for scrum master certification. Register now at Eventbrite!
This course is applicable to all members involved in the Agile processes including developers, User Experience Designers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Project Managers, Quality Analysts, and managers with little or no prior knowledge of Agile.
The Course Content
• Understand and practice team roles and behaviors for developers, User Experience Designers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Quality Analysts, and Project Managers
• Explore how agile delivers business value through an interactive game
• Agile explained through the Agile Manifesto and Principles behind Agile
• Present and discuss the Agile Ceremonies, Roles and Artifacts, and understand the value of these ceremonies
• Review common testing practices in an Agile team
• Hands-on activity exploration of iterative development
• Explore what an Agile team looks like by watching the IDEO team at work
• Understanding the full requirements gathering and management process for Agile teams from backlog creation to sprint planning
• Utilizing Personas and Story Maps for requirements gathering including hands-on activity creating a story map
• User story construction and slicing into smaller chunks, including hands-on activity writing stories for the class generated Story Maps
• Estimating User Stories, theory and practice with Planning Poker cards
• Tracking your progress through Sprint metrics
• Learn and apply retrospective techniques
• Team participates in a full Lego-based Scrum simulation including planning, story writing, estimating and delivering through short sprints
Participant Take Away
The highly interactive and participative format of this session provides participants with a deepened understanding of Agile practices and principles enabling them to:
• Apply the knowledge directly to their work teams
• Aid in preparation for Scrum Master certification
• Earn 14 PDU's or SEU's
$650 for 2 days, tickets sold through Eventbrite here
Group discount available of 10% for every 5 tickets purchased.
• Light breakfast and lunch both days
• Training handbook
• Scrum.org study guide
• Course Completion certificate
About Your Trainer Helene
Helene Gidley, PMP, CSM, is an agile coach and the owner of HSG Consulting LLC where she provides coaching and training to teams navigating their agile journeys. She has over thirty years of experience in the IT industry at Fortune 500, startups, and mid-sized companies bringing broad experience in coaching and training project teams. Helene is the founder of Agile Groupies, a Scrum Alliance Meetup, based in Ann Arbor with over 200 members located in the southeastern Michigan and northern Ohio area, and can be found providing training and speaking at Meetups, Agile & Beyond conferences, and PMI Chapter meetings.
About our Sponsor Pillar
A big shout out to Pillar for sponsoring this event at their wonderful downtown Ann Arbor location!