Business Accelerator Services
Business Engagement & Support
Business Acceleration is about impact, it requires experience working with entrepreneurs along with a deep understanding of the resources and timing required to successfully grow an innovation-based start-up.
SPARK Business Accelerator services enable companies to move quickly through the idea, business formation, proof of concept, marketability and commercialization stages of development. Our suite of resources is comprehensive. And whether it’s business acceleration services, bricks-and-mortar incubation space, access to pre-seed and microloan funding, talent identification and recruiting, or education and networking, every resource we offer contributes to a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem in Southeast Michigan.
Qualifying start-ups can apply for and may be eligible to receive a SPARK Business Accelerator engagement. A SPARK Business Accelerator engagement allows up to $50,000 of consulting and business development services.
Steps to Begin the Process
- Submit your business idea. You will receive a confirmation e-mail upon submission. A SPARK representative will contact you within 3-5 business days.
- A SPARK representative will determine if we or a partnering organization have the resources necessary to accelerate an innovation-based business. SPARK Business Accelerator engagement resources may include:
If necessary, a more comprehensive business assessment will be conducted to determine if a full SPARK Business Accelerator engagement is applicable.
A SPARK Business Accelerator engagement is a contractual agreement between SPARK and the start-up company. Along with a mutually agreed upon consultant, project parameters, a work plan and a not to exceed value will be agreed upon by both parties.
- Business plan development assistance
- Entrepreneurial education programs
- Intellectual property advice
- Patent acquisition
- Marketing and business development assistance
- Assistance in locating potential financing sources
- Referrals to qualified service providers
- Management coaching
- Access to the SPARK Regional Incubator Network
- Connections to executive and technical talent
- Business networking opportunities
*All SPARK Business Accelerator engagements are at the sole discretion of Ann Arbor SPARK.